Young Street Water Main Upgrade – Gympie (QLD)
Project Name: Young and O’Connell street Water Main Upgrade – Gympie (QLD)
Client: Gympie Regional Council
Commencement: January 2019
Council has put in place a program to replace the existing water mains and construct new water supply main pipelines in the local area due to the existing main reaching the end of its usable lifespan. The works will be separated into Separable Potions. Separable Portion A will consist of the construction and replacement of the water supply main within Young Street. Separable Portion B will consist of the construction and replacement of the water supply main within O’Connell Street. These works will include (but not be limited to) the supply and installation of water supply pipes, valves, fire hydrants, and any associated works including preliminary and preparation works, reconnection to all existing property connections currently serviced by the existing main acceptance testing, connections into existing infrastructure, traffic control, survey and creation of as constructed drawings.
– Installation of 500m of DN150 PVC Water Main in road pavement area.
– Live Connections to Existing Water Main.
– Night shut-down works to mitigate impact on local businesses.
– Installation of Water Main under live traffic Conditions.
– 1,200 sqm Road re-construction along Young Street.
– Hydrostatic Testing & Commissioning.
– Hot-tap connection to Existing council Water Main.