Shortland WWTP Upgrade
Project Name: Shortland Waste Water Treatment Plant Upgrade – Newcastle (NSW)
Client: Hunter H20
Commencement: May 2015
Offaly Civil Engineering Pty. Ltd. were engaged by Hunter H20 for the installation HDPE pipe work & electrical conduits for the Shortland Waste Water Treatment Plant Upgrade. Hunter H20 is implemented a program involving the improved management of sludge at Shortland Wastewater Treatment Works (WWTW) to cater for the upgraded plant capacity to 12 ML/d.
The overall works required the construction of a number of new pipelines to facilitate the movement of reclaimed water, sludge and potable water around the site.
– Installation of 200m of DN315 PN16 HDPE Digester Gravity main from New De-watering facility to Ponds.
– Installation of 350m of DN180 HDPE Rising Main.
– Installation of 350m Electrical Conduits (Bank of 8no. 90mm HD Conduits in Shared trench)
– Installation of 14no. Precast electrical pits.
– Cast in-situ construction of Reinforced concrete High Voltage Metering Slab & Electrical Kiosk Pit.
– Auger boring of Piles for HV Metering Slab.
– Hydrostatic Testing & Commissioning.
– Re-habilitation of project site.